Wheels on Wednesdays
Bike West Hartford, Inc. will be leading group bicycle rides every
other Wednesday evening starting on June 8 and continuing through August 18
to acquaint cyclists with popular local cycling routes and promote community
cycling in a non-competitive atmosphere. All rides will start in the early evening
at Town Hall parking lot outside the main entrance in the rear of the building.
Rides will generally be between 10 - 20 miles with a few shorter rides suitable for
families and longer rides for more experienced cyclists. Most rides will be
exclusively within West Hartford, with some exceptions, including a ride to the
trails along the Connecticut River in Hartford and a ride up Duncaster Road in
Bloomfield. Riders with varying levels of experience and pace will be grouped to
promote safe and enjoyable cycling. No one will be left behind without the benefit
of a ‘sweep’ rider.
The tentative ride schedule is as follows:
1. Wednesday, June 8, at 6:30pm Scott will lead a reservoir ride.
2. Wednesday, June 29, at 6:30 pm Steve will lead a ride around Wood Pond
and the south side of town.
3. Wednesday, July 13, at 6pm Dave will lead a Hartford waterfront ride.
4. Wednesday, July 27, at 6:30pm John will lead a 4.5 mile family ride (we
already have cue sheets on this one).
5. Wednesday, August 10, at 6pm Scott will lead a ride through Bloomfield down
6. Wednesday, August 24, at 6pm Virginia will lead an 18 mile ride through West
Hartford linking many of the hidden connectors.
All those wishing to participate in rides will be required to have a helmet and sign
a liability release waiver. Lights on bikes are strongly encouraged. At the
completion of rides, groups will be encouraged to share food and drink at local
West Hartford venues. Visit bikewesthartford.org for an updated schedule of
rides. Come ride with us and meet others interested in promoting bicycle travel
and recreation in West Hartford! Any questions, please email email@example.com.